First of all, a well done analysis using the best analytics tools, will provide you with clear and accurate information about your audience. These will take the form of key performance indicators or KPIs. We can mention in particular:
- The acquisition rate
- The conversion rate
- The bounce rate
- The number of visits over a given period
- The number of unique visitors
- The average time spent for each session
- The average shopping cart
- The number of pages views
As you can see, taking into account all this information will be very useful to facilitate the optimization of your strategy. This data is all the more important as it respects the legislation on personal data (GDPR). Indeed, this is so-called first party data and you can use it with peace of mind to improve your digital communication and optimize your ROI.
In concrete terms, this data allows you to understand the customer’s path on your website or your application. You will know which types of customers buy your products and which pages are consulted on your website. Shopping cart abandonment or customers leaving your site are no longer an enigma, because data analysis allows you to identify the irritating points that lead customers to abandon their purchase.
Thus, analytics indicate your strengths and weaknesses and allow you to know:
- The main acquisition channels
- The most profitable traffic sources
- The search engines used
- The irritating points of the customer journey
- The technical problems on your website
Therefore, your entire digital strategy can benefit from analytics tools.